Friday 15 November 2013

Traditional Mongolian Medicine: A study of patients, practitioners and practice


In 2011, as part of my study for an MSc through the Northern College of Acupuncture, I spent a month conducting ethnographic research and interviews with practitioners of traditional Mongolian medicine (TMM) in Ulaanbaatar.


The Ulaanbaatar Suvilal where I conducted some of my research


My aim was to gain insight into the reality of technique and practice and add to the wider academic debates on medical pluralism in Asian and other societies, where traditional medicine and biomedicine exist side by side.

There has veen very little published about TMM in English, so I'm making it available here for those who mght be interested.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/184411614/Traditional-Mongolian-Medicine-A-study-of-patients-practitioners-and-practice

No comments:

Post a Comment